As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge the importance of mixing/mastering? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: the importance of mixing/mastering?
Goomba
Re:the importance of mixing/mastering? 14 Years, 1 Month ago
As far as I understood your signal path is as follows: source->mixing desk->audio interface->PC.
Take out mixing desk from this chain and try to record the source directly into the audio interface. Is this better?
  The topic has been locked.
BARCODER wrote:
As far as I understood your signal path is as follows: source->mixing desk->audio interface->PC.
Take out mixing desk from this chain and try to record the source directly into the audio interface. Is this better?

no can do, as my soundcard has only two mono inputs, and I'm recording my Machinedrum and Monomachine in one go.. I've done some Machinedrum only tracks recorded directly to the soundcard, but it's very similar sounding, and still way lower in volume than other tracks...

I also use the mixer as an effects module, and I really like doing all in one go recordings.. time to learn to do this properly..
Goomba
Actually my MD without compression sounds very silent too in comparison to other gear. So, I use outboard compression mainly for MD. So this gives the MD chance to be highlighted among other gear. Should you do not have compressor just use internal dynamix FX
Goomba
BTW what soundcard do you use?
NI Audio Kontrol

and I do use the onboard dynamix, mostly for that fake sidechain sound.
Go to top Post Reply